MPLS (MultiProtocol Label Switching) technology gives your organisation the flexibility to apply an integrated approach to managing its data transport needs.
You can ensure traffic that needs stable, reliable bandwidth, such as streaming video or Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) telephony, receives the highest priority and routing on the network.
Lower bandwidth requirements, such as email, receive a lower priority - but guaranteed throughput levels ensure there is no obvious difference to the user.
MPLS networks ensure the same sort of Quality of Service guarantees offered by data transport services such as Frame Relay, or ATM, without the use of dedicated lines.
You also gain the flexibility to modify and expand your network by adding new IP VPNs (Virtual Private Networks) without having to install new hardware, reducing the overall cost and complexity of network maintenance.
- Depending on your current network, you can reduce your on-going WAN operating costs by up to 50%, while maintaining a high level of reliability and service
- Integration of voice, video and data services
- "Future-proof" the architecture of your network so it can respond rapidly to changing business needs (eg. New services, bandwidth intensive traffic and VoIP)
- Consolidate your network to a single, enterprise-wide view of your sites/group of companies
- Reduce the time and cost involved in managing a technologically disparate "system of systems"
- Simplify the administration and on-going management of your network