The Contact Company (TCC) is a contact centre operator based in the Wirral area. Established in 2006, TCC are a unique team of the UK’s most experienced customer management contact professionals, whose aim is to provide added value to improve the business of their clients.
TCC helps their clients to improve their customer service offering; profitability; and better understand their customers with a partnership approach.
The Contact Company (TCC) is a contact centre operator based in the Wirral area. Their existing base of clients includes; the Jewellery Channel, BBC, Liverpool FC and Lighter Life. TCC understands that the Customer Service industry is extremely fast paced and in order to stay ahead of the game have invested heavily in their systems and people.
The final solution was a result of 12 months research and development that also included consultations with Avaya to demonstrate voice data functionality and security using thin client technology. TCC with Excell invited key clients and prospects to focus groups to capture the requirements and establish a client wish list which could be used to win and retain new contracts.
The solution was consistently tested, the project plan constantly amended and the scope often changed.
The Excell team then designed the architecture and produced the implementation plan. This plan included major milestones, prioritisation and plans for phasing in all of the different technology elements with the different providers involved.
Phase One of the solution included:
- 400 Current Agents to be migrated to new solution (Location 1, current site)
- 400 New Agents at new location (Location 2, greenfield)
- 100 Standard Voice User Support Staff.
Phase Two of the solution included:
- Growth to 1500 agents
- ‘Thin Client’ Desktop Solution is desired (Current PC Desktop environment with Win XP)
- Multiple Client Applications & Databases are accessed through web, different for each client
- Desktop Applet/CTI Integration to provide Agent Screen Pop of Caller/Company to facilitate management of multiple campaigns, answering in the correct manner and hot-desking.
- Recording of all calls with encryption, secure storage and PCI compliance
- Call recording CTI to provide call tagging, call scoring for appraisal and training
- Reporting, comprehensive and customisable requirement
- Multiple Music on Hold Sources for individual Clients/Campaigns
- Client provided HP LAN
- Wall board Solution
Asif Hamid, CEO of TCC said, “We believe in working with companies who have the same philosophy as us. The partnership with Excell has reaped its rewards as we now have a compelling technology solution. The solution is a result of Excell’s dedication to understanding our needs, our client’s needs, infinite testing and continuous drive to achieve the desired results.”
“There were various technological challenges during implementation and testing stages” explained Asif, “After all, we are dealing with a multi-tiered hi-tech solution here. Many suppliers bigger and with greater global brand presence than Excell would have walked away. To their huge testament Excell, with their partners and my tech teams have created a totally unique solution that works in our specialist environment and that provides services and resiliency 24/7.”
TCC appointed Excell due to the completely bespoke solution that was proposed, demonstrated and tested using a suite of technologies that incorporated SIP, Avaya Aura technology, Cisco and CTI.
- SIP Provisioning and dynamic licensing – Means the solution can scale from 1-4000 agents simply and timely
- Intelligent ‘database dipping’ and CTI screen popping – Agents have all the information they need to manage and complete calls professionally and timely
- Call Recording – Recording of all calls with encryption, secure storage and PCI compliance. Call Recording CTI provides call tagging and call scoring for appraisal and training.
- Agent Recruitment and Retention – the tools and technology provided by Excell enables agents to succeed and provides a vibrant technology led environment that is now widely recognised as one of the most advanced in Europe. TCC are now able to recruit and retain good staff.
- Reporting – TCC can provide each of their clients with completely bespoke reports rather than a series of standard reports as before.
- Scaling Services – Excell’s system is scalable without significant IT programming and can now cope with seasonal demand of customers such as travel operators.
- Flexible Working – Highly skilled staff can work remotely and also maintain a skeleton contact centre environment in the event of a disaster such as severe weather, outages or riots.
- Improved Call handling - The solution enables the dynamic routing of calls whereby inbound calls are routed to the most skilled and appropriate agent at the time.
- Cost Savings – Costs have been immediately reduced by improving staff retention. The solution also creates the opportunity for long-term cost savings.
Looking to the future, Asif expects to continue to develop the partnership with Excell. “Everybody I have dealt with from initial consultation through to delivery has been friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and most importantly at the start of any new venture- extremely professional and honest.”
TCC have been able to demonstrate how technology drives their solution which has led to further new business wins and rapid growth. TCC are now recognised as one of the largest employers in Wirral, an accolade that was recently recognised at the Annual Wirral Business Awards.
The IT infrastructure is now managed by Excell which has freed up the time of the TCC support team to manage the internal requirements leading to more satisfied employees and better support.
Reflecting on the success of the project, Asif enthused, “Excell have significantly enhanced our competitive advantage, reduced our costs and created the opportunity for long-term cost savings. We can scale our services as clients and the season demands, we have resilience and we have a technology solution that aligns to our client commitment.”
|Create Date||November 20, 2014|
|Last Updated||April 26, 2018|