SIP Trunks allow your businesses to retain the advantages of your existing telecoms equipment, whilst gaining the additional functionality and benefits of IP Telephony. You can retain your existing handsets and have the flexibility to add remote or central IP users when needed. Although not the first VoIP trunking technology available to small and midsize companies, SIP trunking will be the first to have a widespread impact on phone communications for enterprises.
You can also choose to deliver your data services over the same SIP trunk meaning that only one connection is needed for voice and data. Reduced connections means there are less interfaces, reduced hard costs, better efficiency and increased reliability.
Excell’s SIP trunking connects existing customer PBX, IP PBX or Key Telephone Systems to Excell’s resilient hosted SIP platform. Customers connect their PBX either directly or via a preconfigured SIP-ISDN gateway.
Gateways are available for both ISDN30 and ISDN2 connectivity (should the PBX not be IP enabled).
Each SIP trunk can contain between 1 and 120 channels, with each channel representing one concurrent call. Channels are usually scaled in exactly the same way as ISDN (i.e. roughly one channel per six users – dependant on call volume).
Cost savings can be made by implementing a SIP trunk connection, especially if deployed across multiple sites, where site-to-site calling cost reductions can apply. However the main benefits of deploying SIP trunking are not price. SIP can also provide levels of voice clarity and reliability that equals, or even out perform those of traditional phone service as well as enable a host of applications to enhance business processes. Below are a list of key features and benefits of the Excell SIP Solution.
Ease of Migration
- Preserve existing capabilities with seamless integration into existing systems. Implementations are transparent to end-users, with few (if any) service disruptions.
- IP Trunking works with your site’s installed IP PBX and IP telephones-so all the current features are retained.
- Staff re-training is unnecessary.
- Interoperability between solutions in our Business Portfolio allows you to migrate at your own pace.
- New users simply plug their phone into the wall. The phone will configure itself in seconds with their number, profile, hunt groups etc.
- Network-based IP Features to Improve Productivity and Mobility
- Sophisticated Feature Sets – Time of day routing, centralised reception, hunt groups, hot desking, call diverts/call forwards, SIM Ringing, Auto attendant, one number, find me/follow me, call pick-up, presence, instant messaging, video calling, outlook integration and other advanced features are all available.
- Network-based customer dial plans and inbound call routing provide an easy way to add more intelligence to your voice network.
- Out of Area Geographic Numbers. SIP Trunking allows your London office to have a Manchester number delivered directly. This allows you to publish local numbers around the UK without having to pay diversion charges back to the main office.
- SIP trunks are a fraction of the cost of ISDN line rental.
- Economical local and long distance call charges calls.
- Reduce or eliminate costs associated with purchase, support and maintenance of hardware.
Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- In the event that the service is compromised, Excell ‘divert when unavailable’ can be applied to all devices. The on-site router will switch to survivability mode until normal service resumes.
Extensive Global Coverage
- Broad geographic coverage plans with full service capabilities, including support for number portability and emergency calls solution takes account of country-specific look and feel (e.g. ring tone, dial tone, language support).
- Secure web access for all moves, adds and changes without the need for specialist Telecoms knowledge.
- New services or users can be added almost immediately.
- Where an existing PBX reaches capacity, SIP trunking allows for deployment of further extensions alongside the existing system. All users can have a common numbering plan and desk-to-desk dialling. This blended solution is popular with our clients.
- Number Porting – Port any BT number across to Excell, regardless of where the user was or is going to be. Enabling
- Excell sees home workers as just another endpoint on the existing client numbering plan. Provision of home workers is not dependant on system resource deployed elsewhere